Thursday, February 16, 2023

Mini Reviews

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon the amazing news that Gertrude is coming back to Fairyland! This is one of my favorite series and has been on the list of comic series I wanted to own. With a new volume getting ready to hit shelves this Fall, it seemed like the perfect time to finally start grabbing these volumes. And, of course, doing another read-through! 

This series throws light on the childhood stories of visiting a fairyland and trying to find your home. Only in this one, Gertrude isn't really the smartest and she's been in Fairyland for decades. It's as funny and as gory as I remember, and I love the bright colors and Gertrude's absolute lack of having any fuck left to give.

I Hate Fairyland isn't the only graphic novel that's been on my mind. I was hanging some prints onto my wall and realized I had a signed print of Deadly Class. Another one that's been a few years since I read them, and I'm not really sure it's a series I finished. So while I was at my favorite little comic book store, I lucked out and they had a copy. It was meant to be! 



I forgot how much I love this series.  Because listen this is a wild ride from start to finish, and it's a school to train world-class assassins. So from page one, you know this gonna be a trip. But I honestly forgot how much I really like Marcus. I mean there isn't a redeemable character among them really. They just keep killing people, but on the scale Craig and Remender created. Marcus is a pretty solid main character. And, honestly who doesn't want what he wants. But this is a freaking trip and it ends on such a good note. 

I was honestly surprised by how much I remembered since it's been five years since I first read Volume One. So kudos to the writers on that. I picked the story right back up. 

It's really hard to find the second volume of both of these graphics on shelves at any of my local shops.  I'm going to try a few Indie sites before I order them from Amazon. But, I'm definitely excited to be jumping back into both of these series!

HAPPY READING!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment