Friday, February 24, 2023

Twin Peaks Day!


THERE'S A FISH IN THE PERCOLATOR! 

I adore this series and have ever since my Mom introduced me to it. As a kid, I loved the mystery of the show and having something in common with Mom. As an adult, I love how just utterly weird Twin Peaks is and how I love still love it years later. So much happens in this series that there's always something I forget about during my rewatch. It happens yearly, even if I don't make it through the whole show on every rewatch. 

Though, I do have to admit I've not seen the newest season. I loved that so many people came back to take on their original roles and that David Lynch came back to direct. There's just a part of me that's worried I'll hate it. So many shows, and movies, have gotten a sequel and it's just not the same. Though, eventually, I'll break down and watch it. Because I'll do a rewatch, get through the whole thing, and be like, it's the time! 

But, there are some really fun and interesting books that have come out that cycle into the series. One of my favorites is the Secret History of Twin Peaks. There is a second book in that series that I need to buy to complete the collection. Also, my roommate stumbled across a promotional book that is the Diary of Laura Palmer, which is one I still need to read. And, I'm sure there are some I haven't even discovered yet!




So today find a damn fine cup of coffee and remember the owls aren't what they seem!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment