Friday, February 9, 2024

Birthday Book Haul


No birthday around here is complete without a bookstore stop. This year I was able to go to a bookstore I don't get to very often, Wanderlust Books. I had the perfect day. The sun was out this morning and the temps were up. So it was a great walk to the bookstore with a quick stop to the bakery on the way back to the hotel. I'm obsessed with their carrot cake, and who knows when I'll be back out this way again. While it's not far from where I live, it's out of the way, and I'm really this far North. So this was the perfect little getaway. I might have to think about doing it again over the summer.




But, on to the books. Two of these books have been on my TBR for an amount of time. One I wasn't sure about because I've never read a Garth Nix book, but that's no longer true. And after the last book I read by him, I'm excited to jump into the universe he's most known for. As for My Murder, I hadn't heard of this one, until this week, and the bookstore clerk told me two of their book clubs loved it. Plus, it sounds right up my alley. So I'm really excited to jump into this one. Said clerk also added a couple more books to my TBR that their books club loved. I've also been obsessed with Tor Publishing books for the last couple of weeks. So I couldn't pass up adding another one of their books to by library.

Honestly, most of these are going onto my TBR cart and 2024 TBR stack. Of course, I say that all the time and some of those books have been on my shelf for a long time. Still, I'm going to give it a good go to read this stack by the end of the year.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment