Thursday, August 27, 2026

Reading Update


With four months left in the year, it felt like the perfect time for a reading update that no one asked for. And yet, here we all are, with exactly that. Because I want to brag a little bit about all the goals I'm actually crushing. Knowing full well that this could be what triggers an absolute stall in my reading. Watch September be my worst reading month because I drew attention to it all. Still, we're already here; I'm already writing, and I've pulled the information. Which means I've logged on to StoryGraph, and they pulled all the information for me. At this point, onward!




Do you see that? 3 BINGOs, three of them! I honestly thought that wasn't going to happen. For a minute there, a month or maybe two, I didn't hit any of the BINGO squares. Then slowly I was hitting one at a time here and there. The Medieval square was the last one, and that book sort of fell into my lap thanks to the library. I'm sort of letting a few others just sort of happen. There are a few books on my TBR that have a Space Station and are set in the 1980s. I just haven't been in the mood for sci-fi, and somehow I've managed to pick up one set in the 80s. Childhood favorite should be easy. I have all my old Goosebumps books. So there might be a few more BINGO squares in my future! All of that is a long-winded way of saying I smashed that goal, and might manage to exceed it as well. With four months still in 2026, surely I can manage one more BINGO. 

I have also managed to read 10 books that I physically own. I've actually exceeded this one as well by a couple of books. This summer I focused on my physical TBR and let my Kindle and local library have a break. On top of reading this goal, I also DNFed a few to some Free Little Libraries. So this is a goal I might keep going into 2027. It's a nice challenge to make sure I'm doing more than collecting. I'm actually reading them too.

Now on to the goals I haven't finished yet. I'm up 9 Silent Book Club events. I need to expand a little into a few other local ones, not just my own. That might be a winter adventure to get us out of the house. Which means be a 2027 goal problem. As for the other two goals. I'm actually ahead on them both, one of which always seems to surprise me because I've been reading pretty small books this year. Though I do have one big monster of a book that's been calling my name. Again, the winter adventures come to mind for that book. Curled up by the fire on the air mattress. But I digress.

As for my book goal, I've reached 61 books of 75! So there is a real good chance I'll not only hit that goal, but exceed it. Even with a slow reading month, that has to happen at some point. I've been so lucky this year to only have small slumps. Still, fourteen books in four months seems very doable. That's only like three and a half books. Even if I hit a slump, I have enough manga and graphic novels to keep to that goal!

It's my page count goal that shocks me every single time I see it. Of the 14,000 pages I wanted to read this year (a number I pulled from a hat... well, a coffee mug, but I digress), I have read a little over 10,000 pages. Ten friggin' thousand pages of books that barely pass three hundred pages. That means I'm ahead, AHEAD, by a little over eleven hundred pages. I feel like I'm never ahead on this goal. Just the opposite, really; I feel like I'm always just a little behind on this one. Just a few one more book, just a couple more, always on an infinite loop of 'I'm so close'. Except for this year; this year I managed to get ahead, and hopefully I stay ahead. It would be very cool if I could reach this goal. Just one year to reach it. 

So now that I've droned on and on about my goals. How's everyone else been doing this year with their reading? 



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment