Thursday, June 23, 2016

Throwback Thursdays - Silver's Edge

The Waiting on Wednesday memes got me thinking yesterday of other weekly things I could post about the books on my ever growing TBR pile.  One of the first I things I thought of was #ThrowbackThursdays!  I have a lot off books that were published many moons ago!  A lot of these books I've stumble across in Used Bookstores while digging through their stacks.  Others might be more popular that I haven't really read!  So with all that said, my first Throwback Thursday Book!




Publisher: Luna Books
Author: Anne Kelleher
Release Date: July 1st, 2005

Three women--a blacksmith's daughter, a Sidhe lady, and a mortal queen--are each driven by a personal destiny to stand against an encroaching evil. Yet they share a fierce sense of love, justice, and determination to protect what is theirs.
 Pre-Order Goodreads Page

There's a funny story attached to this book and I stumbled across it.  My parents had forced us to Best Buy one afternoon to look for something, I don't remember why.  As usual, I wandered around the aisle bored with whatever. Probably chasing my little brother around.  In one of those aisle I found this book and remember that I started reading it while we waited.  To this day I have no idea how I talked my parents into buying it, but I had it finished before we made it home.  It wasn't until a few months ago that the book came across my Goodreads as a recommendation.  I also didn't realize there was a sequel and prequel, both now are on my TBR.

What I do remember of the story was there was a lot of gore, some really gruesome deaths, and I really liked the main character.  Course it's been about a decade since I picked up.    Silver's Edge is definitely one I'd like to pick up and re-read, and hopefully finish the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment