Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - Ithaca: A Novel of Homer's Odyssey


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming release that book bloggers are eagerly anticipating.


Publisher: Pegasus Books
Author: Patrick Dillon
Release Date: July 5, 2016

Telemachus’s father, Odysseus, went off to war before he was born … and never came back. Aged sixteen, Telemachus finds himself abandoned, his father’s house overrun with men pursuing his beautiful mother, Penelope, and devouring the family’s wealth. He determines to leave Ithaca, his island home, and find the truth. What really happened to his father? Was Odysseus killed on his journey home from the war? Or might he, one day, return to take his revenge?
 Pre-Order Goodreads Page


Greek mythology has been a passion of mine since I was little.  The Odyssey is one my favorite reads.  I've kind of hit a slump when comes to books set around Greek mythology, but I have high hopes for this one!

So what is everyone else not really not so patiently waiting to read?  

4 comments:

  1. This one isn't really my cup of tea but I sure hope you get the chance to read and enjoy it :-). Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe if I get through my current stack I can reward myself with this one.

      Delete
  2. I love Greek mythology so thanks for the heads up about this book. Hope you enjoy it!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love that it's suppose to be told Telemachus’s point of view. :)

      Delete