Thursday, September 22, 2016

Throwback Thursday - Redwall



Why mess with a good thing.  Another Thursday is here with another one of my childhood favorites! However, I have never actually finished this series despite my love for the first book. It might have to be a series I pick back up next year to finally finish.  It is quite an adorable read.


Original Publishing Date: 1986
Publisher: Hutchinson (UK) & Philomel (US)
Author: Brian Jacques
Series: Redwall

As the inhabitants of Redwall Abbey bask in the glorious Summer of the Late Rose, all is quiet and peaceful. But things are not as they seem. Cluny the Scourge, the evil one-eyed rat warlord, is hell-bent on destroying the tranquility as he prepares to fight a bloody battle for the ownership of Redwall. This dazzling story in the Redwall series is packed with all the wit, wisdom, humor, and blood-curdling adventure of the other books in the collection, but has the added bonus of taking the reader right back to the heart and soul of Redwall Abbey and the characters who live there.


I do remember the animated series from when I was kid, though I can't honestly recall any specific episode.  Redwall is a book that I've passed down to all my cousins that love reading.  It's a book I've re-read several times with the idea of marathoning the series, but for some reason never do. I honestly don't know why, I really do love this first book.

Has any one actually finished this series?  Should I give it another go?

4 comments:

  1. I've never read a single book in this series which is a shame because the covers are so cute and the story idea sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super adorable! I totally recommend them of your looking for a fun read. Thought they are definitely YA books.

      Delete
    2. The mouse on the cover reminds me of Reepicheep!

      Delete
    3. O.O He does!! I had a thing for talking animals when I was a kid. Let's be honest, I still do. :)

      Delete