Thursday, September 1, 2016

Throwback Thursday - The Ear, The Eye, and The Arm


So this week I'm throwing up a book that has a lot of fond memories for me.  I discovered this book while on vacation with my parents to visit some family in Texas.  Part of me want to says I found at some outdoor market we were out, and a bigger part of me says that I had to beg for it.  That night while the adults talked, I know I was twelve because my brother was not quite born yet, I curled up and started this book. By the time I was told to go to bed I had it finished.  Then I read it again on the trip home.  A few years ago I around this book at Half Price Books and couldn't pass it up.  I remember loving this book and the three main characters.  Now that I'm sitting here writing, I should be it back up for a reread soon.

Original Publishing Date: October 1, 1995
Publisher: Puffin
Author: Nancy Farmer
Series: Stand Alone

General Matsika's children steal out of the house on a forbidden adventure--and disappear. In Zimbabwe, in the year 2194, the children's parents call in Africa's most unusual detectives--the Ear, the Eye and the Arm--who have powers far beyond those of other human beings. The children must avoid the evils of the past, the technology of the future, and a motley assortment of criminals in order to return home safely. 1995 Newbery Honor Book; ALA Notable Book; ALA Best Book for Young Adults.





Anyone else have a favorite 90s Young Adult, or Middle Grade, Sci-Fi book that's near and dear to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment