Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started by the Broke and the Bookish. Each week is themed, and the blogger pick their top ten books to fit that theme. This week: Top Ten Authors We're Dying to Meet!
- Michael J. Sullivan - I discovered his books at the library and fell in love with his characters and writing style. The second book in the The Legends of the First Empire series is out this July! At 512 pages it's going to a beast of a book, and I'll be unreachable for an entire weekend. But, it'll be so worth it!
- Kim Newman - Again, another library find. I started with his Anno Dracula series and have just recently moved on to his other books. All of which I've enjoyed, but I'm excited to see anther Anno Dracula has hit the shelves (and I've just finished it), only to be followed by another in October!
- Joe Abercrombie - You guessed it, another library find! I loved the First Law Series, despite my feelings about the end. I liked how gritty and raw it was and how Joe Abercrombie takes no prisoners on who he kills.
- Kate Locke - I've only read her Immortal Empire series, but I loved it. The covers are rad and her main character is a badass! She gives no craps and still gets the guy. I loved this series and would totally pick up anything else that Kate Locke writes.
- Seth Grahame-Smith - Oh the creator of Henry! I love his books and his movies. I always know I'm going enjoy any project he's worked on, and I'm excited to see what his next book project is about!
- Tony Cliff - I have to thank Goodreads for finding this book. I won the first book through their giveaway section and fell in love. Not only is the artwork amazing, but the stories are strong and entertaining. Selim is the absolute best!
- JK Rowling - I just really need to thank her for an amazing childhood growing up with series, and for opening the door for me to meet some of best friends through this series. Without these books they wouldn't be in my life. So I seriously owe her a thank you!
- Tamora Pierce - Again, I need thank her for giving me a awesome childhood. I keep coming back to her books because I have such fond memories reading her books as a kid. It would be rad to meet on of the authors that made me want to be an author myself.
- Ian Doescher - Huge thanks to my Grandma for introducing me to Ian Doescher's books. I love his Star Wars series, and the fact that R2-D2 is the narrator!
- Alex Grecian - Last, but not least, is Alex Grecian. I can't remember how I found out about his Scotland Yard series, but I did and I loved them. It wasn't until after I read The Yard, I realized we shared a home state! I love a good Victorian crime book, and Alex Grecian writes on of my favorite series in the genre!
So, what author, living or dead, would you love to meet?