Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Waiting on Wednesday


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally, they are books that have yet to be released but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine.


Fifteen-year-old RJ Armante has never known a life outside his dead-end hometown of Arcangel, CA. The Blackjacks still rule as they have for generations, luring the poorest kids into their monopoly on petty crime. For years, they’ve left RJ alone…until now.

When the Blackjacks come knocking, they want RJ to prey upon an old loner. But RJ is at his breaking point. It’s not just about the gang who rules the town. It’s about Charley, his younger brother, who is disabled. It’s about Roxanne, the girl he can’t reach. It’s about the kids in his crew who have nothing to live for. If RJ is to resist, he must fight to free Arcangel of its past.


Why I'm Waiting: This isn't my normal pick up for a book, but something about has stuck with me. It seems kind of in the vein of The Outsiders.

HAPPY READING!!

8 comments:

  1. This one sounds really intriguing - I hope you enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what exactly speaks to me about this one but yep, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same boat! I can't tell you what about this books calls to me, but I have a mighty need!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover and it does kind of sound like The Outsiders, a modern day version? Great pick!
    Lisa Loves Literature's Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete