Thursday, September 23, 2021

Chasing Ghosts - Review

Author: Marc Hartzman
Genre: Paranormal /  Nonfiction
Format: Paperback
Pages: 272


A huge thank you to Quirk Books for an advance copy of this book for my honest review.

I'm a huge fan of paranormal shows, the caught-on-camera YouTube videos, and the history of how people tried to talk to the dead during the height of the Spiritualism movement. Something about it all fascinates me, and it's always a go-to subject matter. This means I was excited to get a chance to read Chasing Ghosts early. In fact, I took my time with the book and didn't let myself devour it in one sitting. 

There's a lot to this book in just a little over two hundred pages. It's jammed packed with information from cover to cover, but it's super easy to read. You can tell that Marc Hartzman enjoyed his research, but I liked that he never really put in his own opinion in too much what he was telling. Yes, there were a few sarcastic comments here and there, but this had perfect timing throughout the book. I loved that this was a mix of information and haunting had heard of, and some I hadn't heard of it. I love when a book sends me to Google to know more.

Hartzman did a lot of research for this book and it shows, and he told each story in a way that didn't sound like I was reading a textbook. This is always my biggest worry about nonfiction books, but that wasn't an issue here. I really liked the page breaks of fan facts in each section. Little add-ons that are super fun and a great break from each section.

I also really liked the illustrations that appeared through the book and the addition of photos. It was a great look at the history of ghost hunting and added great visuals to the information that Hartzman had gathered. Personally, I thought it was a great read and fund for anyone who dives deep into the paranormal or just enjoys the ghost shows. It's a lot of fun information on the history of ghost hunting, and haunted houses, and how the whole haunted house started.

A super great read for the upcoming Spooky Season. Chasing Ghosts by Marc Hartzman comes out next week, September 28, 2021!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment