Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine. 

Release Date: February 6, 2018
Author: Janet Beard
Genre: Historical Fiction
Pages: 384


In November 1944, eighteen-year-old June Walker boards an unmarked bus, destined for a city that doesn’t officially exist. Oak Ridge, Tennessee has sprung up in a matter of months—a town of trailers and segregated houses, 24-hour cafeterias, and constant security checks. There, June joins hundreds of other young girls operating massive machines whose purpose is never explained. They know they are helping to win the war, but must ask no questions and reveal nothing to outsiders.






Why I'm Waiting:  I don't read enough books set in this time period. The Atomic City Girls sounds like something I'll enjoy, and branches me out in the time periods I need add to my TBR.

HAPPY READING!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a new one to me and I do like the way it sounds. Wonder how June fares in Tennessee? Great pick.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's definitely an era I don't read a lot of, which needs to change! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete