Saturday, January 13, 2018

Mini Reviews

One of my goals for Bookish Whispers was to review more of things that I read. Which basically meant for me to review the Graphic Novels by volume and not wait until I finished the series. Mostly because I good number of the ones I'm reading are either still on going, or there are a few volumes to read between books. Personally I never felt I had enough to say to warrant a full review so this year I thought I'd do small reviews of the Graphic Novels I finish throughout the year. And, maybe a few novellas will slip in here and there.

(Huge thanks to my friend Sio for the graphics!!)




Okay, so this issue sneaked up on me. I was unaware that there was going to be another volume to I Hate Fairyland, let alone that it had come out in October of 2017. But, the knowledge couldn't have come had a better time. It was an amazing start to my year of reading! Gert is back, and still looking for a way home, and wouldn't you know Larry was holding out on her. It's everything I loved about the first two volumes. In so many ways Gert is my spirit animal and my fingers are crossed that this wasn't the last we've seen of Fairyland!







I love the Anno Dracula Series, and I do not have the words to describe how excited I am that it's got a Graphic Novel. It was so cool to have actual faces to characters I love, and it was a great way to help ease my patience for the next book. It was everything I love about the series but with an added bonus of amazing art by Paul Mccaffrey. The story was amazing and a great way to slide back into the Anno Dracula world. Totally worth the wait, but definitely one I'll be adding to my collection so I can re-read it again.







Oh my gosh! This, right here, is my life! Only I don't have an adorable little bunny, but two felines who judge my life choices. Adulthood is a Myth was hilarious and I laughed out loud several times. The artwork was adorable! Why did I wait so long to pick this up?! It's so good to know I'm not the only who decides to wear the same hoodie day in, and day out, and that someone else hates putting away laundry as much as I do. This was so much fun!




HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment