Thursday, August 16, 2018

Edgar Cantero Book Events



I've only been waiting on this to happen for three years since I read Supernatural Enhancements. With This Body's Not Big Enough for Both of Us finally on shelves, Edgar Cantero was on tour, and I managed to snag a evening off from work to go hear him talk about it.



As is the usual I brought one of our cupcakes to reading, because who doesn't love cupcakes?!

It was really cool to hear Edgar Cantero talk about his work outside of the States. Which blew my mind that he had a hard time publishing anything in his home country of, Barcelona, because it didn't fit a mold. Honestly that is reason I love his writing so much. Cantero has his own of telling a story telling that isn't like most anything out there. I love that it doesn't really fit into label, and I love how he bends and uses pop culture. So to hear him talk about the process he used to create was amazing. It was also really cool to hear about some of the things that might be coming in the future. Some of which I have my fingers crossed for.

After hearing him read a big from the new book, This Body's Not Big Enough for Both of Us, I'm really excited to bust into it. In fact it's bumped a few books farther back down my TBR. Because it just sounds so good!

However, the best part of the night was having him doodle in my books! Not just any doodles though, something connected to the book, and I got to pick which character from Meddling Kids. Of course I went for Nate, because of all the Scooby-Gang Nate is my spirit animal.


I'm really glad that I was able to squeeze away from work for this event. I really have adored the first two books by Edgar Cantero, and I really can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans A.Z. Kimrean gets into. I also really excited to see how Cantero spoofs one my favorite genres.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment