Thursday, August 30, 2018

Tony Cliff Book Event



FINALLY!? The last time Tony Cliff was in town I had plans with a friend to go. We got tossed into the world of Delilah Dirk thanks to Goodreads. It was one of the first books I ever received for free hoping I'd review it. Not only did I review it, but I fell in love with the series. However, when Tony Cliff toured for with The King's Shilling we couldn't go because traffic was a nightmare thanks to a Justin Bieber concert happening the same night... Luckily this year I had no problems because he was speaking at a bookstore close to where I live!


It was really cool to hear him talk about his writing process and how the books all come to life. To see all the elements that sort of came together to create a character I adore. It was also really cool to see all the kids who came and loved the books as much as I did. The series had something for readers of all ages and that's just one reason to love the series. Delilah is a strong female characters that carries three books of amazing adventure, all while trusting her friend Selim through them. I'm also excited to know that there will be at least one more book in the series. Maybe more, but for sure we'll be getting a fourth!


I'm so glad I got to the event, it was a lot of fun.  I'm really looking forward to finally finding some time to sit down and read the new book, The Pillars of Hercules. And, maybe rub it my flatmates face just a little that I got to meet Tony Cliff while she was away with work. Just a little.

HAPPY READING!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment