Thursday, June 24, 2021

Heartstopper Vol 3 - Review

Author: Alice Oseman
Genre: Graphic Novel / Romance
Format: Hardback
Pages: 384

THIS SERIES! I wasn't expecting to fall in love with this as much as I have. Alice Oseman has created a beautiful love story, and all three have been hard to put down. I adore both Charlie and Nick and watching as the relationship starts to grow. Not only is the artwork fantastic, but this story makes me feel as single as I am.

As I rolled into the third book I have to say that Oseman hasn't lost steam where the story is concerned. School is finally out and Nick and Charlie on a school trip to Paris. This volume really focuses on the boys navigating their very new relationship away from the comfort of their own personal space, and that includes how to tell people they are dating. I loved how Oseman handled this and I think it's a wonderful message. 

I don't want to give too much away so I don't spoil things, but this volume does hit on some heavier topics. There isn't anything graphic or detailed, but self-harm is mentioned as the boys are learning how to talk to each other. Personally, these moments are my favorite in this volume. Things are perfect between these two. What they have is new and they are both making mistakes, but Nick and Charlie care a lot about each other. So instead of fighting, they learn to be better at talking to one another about how their feeling. 

It's just beautiful okay. There are some sad bits in this book, but it's all so heartwarming and adorable. I devoured this book. Though, I'm nervous to head into the fourth book because things seem like they are about to get rocky before they get smooth again with Nick and Charlie. I also realized my library doesn't have the fourth volume. So that might be the excuse I need to finally buy the whole series for my shelves.

But seriously, I don't know how Alice Oseman hasn't written three books that have toyed with my emotions like this. I may not survive the next book in this series.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment