Friday, June 18, 2021

Miss Peregrine's 10 Year Celebration!


Happy Friday my Nerds, Worms, and Dragons! This month I've teamed up with Quirk Books to celebrate 10 Years of Peculiar Children! The Miss Peregrine series has been going telling the story of strange and unusual children for a decade. In fact, the last book in this series, The Desolation of Devil's Acre was just released earlier this year! And, if you couldn't tell from the above gif, the first book was turned into a major motion picture.

In total there are 7 books in the Miss Peregrine universe, six full novels, and one novella. I read the first book about six years ago according to Goodreads. It was a book I'd discovered at the local library and I remember really liking the series. Ransom Riggs does an amazing job of creating a Tim Burton-like world that sucked me right. But, for the life of me, I couldn't really remember much about the book itself, except for the basics. I remember Miss Peregrine and the children with superpowers, and I remember the main character being hunted because of his Grandfather. 

I even went back to read my review to jog my memory, and basically, it told me that I liked it. Not much to go on. But thankfully Quirk books had my back and sent me the first three books in the series.


Once I finish my book club I'm going to jump into the first book in this series! I cannot wait to dive back into this world and rediscover everything I loved about the first time around, and this time I will finish the series! 

The whole month of June is #PeculairMonth in celebration of the series turning ten. So if you love the series join on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag and show of your Peculiar stack! And if you haven't read the series and are a fan of Tim Burton, creepy kids, young adult books with a strange and usual twist, then pick up the first book from your local library, or bookstore, and check Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment