Thursday, August 25, 2022

Book Haul

Okay, so I had no real intentions to go book shop again this month. Seeing is how I've done quite a bit of that already. But... Of course, there is a but. But, I got out of work early one day and wound up wandering around the thrift store on the way home. I wasn't planning on getting anything while I was there, just sort of wasting away an afternoon that I planned to be in the kitchen. I'm glad I stopped in though because I found some gems! 



The original covers for the Christopher Pike books have been really hard to find. So I'm always excited when I find one. While they haven't exactly aged all that well, they are filled with pre-teen summer's reading in the hammock at my parent's place. So there's that. 

And, I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of the massive Goosebumps collection. At the time I hadn't thought anything other, but hindsight and all that. Those also hold a lot of core memories for me. They are the first books I remember really creeping me out growing up. And I feel a need to go back and re-visit them as we finally roll into the Spooky Season.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment