Thursday, August 25, 2016

Throwback Thursday - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern

This is one of those times where I saw the movie before I read the book.  This is in fact one of my favorite movies, and it's based, of course, off of one of my favorite plays.  I'd never run across a copy of the play until a few years back when I stumbled across it at the library.  It was everything I loved about the movie.  After re-watching the movie with a friend who'd never seen it before.  I thought it would be make an excellent throwback post!


Original Publishing Date: January 21, 1994
Publisher: Grove Press
Author: Tom Stoppard
Series: Continuation of Hamlet

Hamlet told from the worm's-eye view of two minor characters, bewildered Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. Echoes of Waiting for Godot resound, reality and illusion mix, and where fate leads heroes to a tragic but inevitable end.








Anyone else have a favorite continuation, or re-telling, of classic play or book?  What about an old school book you've had on your mind lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment