Saturday, July 1, 2017

June Wrap Up

Of course I made time to go see Wonder Women! My boss was also rad and managed get my three days weekend. Which left me time to hang with some friends I haven't had time to catch up, and get use to being the only one in my house. On top of work got oddly crazy there for a few days, but it's all starting to iron itself out. There's still some bumps, but hey that's life. I've also not really been in the mood to read. I did manage to set my patio up for reading, which helped. Especially since I bought new chairs and they are amazing! Maybe I hit a slump. Maybe I got focused on my writing and forgot to make time for reading. Either way I seem to be crawling out of it today.



Books Read: 3
Pages Read: 507 pages
BINGO Books: 1 (Author with only One Book)
Currently Reading: Warlock Holmes: the Hell-Hound of the Baskervilles by G.S. Denning
DNF: 0
Events: Eddie Izzard Believe Me Book Tour

Okay, so it was a light reading month. Whatever! It happens. I did however get to do a few fun bookish things. First of which was to dehaul some of my books. The stacks have gotten out of control and I realized that I was never going to get some of them. Also there is so many Free Little Libraries around where I lived, I put a huge chunk into those. A few more went to co-workers. I still have a few that need to find good homes. So there might be another Free Little Library run in my future.

I also was able to get tickets to see Eddie Izzard talk about his new book. It was an amazing event and I'm so glad I decided to go. I've been a fan of his for almost a decade, and I always told myself the first chance I get I'm going to see him. I was lucky to get tickets. They sold out fast. The event also came with a book, but since my flatmate couldn't go because of her work. I let her snag when she ran home last weekend.

Also, via the Nerdist I found out that Levar Burton has a Podcast no called Levar Burton Reads. It is the Reading Rainbow for adults. It's available through Audible. I'm only a couple of episodes in, but I love it!! I've been listening to them on my bus ride to work.



Publisher:  Del Rey Books
Release Date: July 25th, 2017
Author: Michael J. Sullivan
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Legends of the First Empire #2

Raithe, the God Killer, may have started the rebellion by killing a Fhrey, but long-standing enmities dividing the Rhune make it all but impossible to unite against a common foe. And even if the clans can join forces, how will they defeat an enemy whose magical prowess makes the Fhrey indistinguishable from gods?

The answer lies across the sea in a faraway land populated by a reclusive and dour race who feels nothing but disdain for both Fhrey and mankind. With time running out, Persephone leads the gifted young seer Suri, the Fhrey sorceress Arion, and a small band of misfits in a desperate search for aid—a quest that will take them into the darkest depths of Elan. There, an ancient adversary waits—an enemy as surprising as it is deadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment