Monday, July 31, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started by the Broke and the Bookish.  Each week they chose a new meme and bloggers pick their Top Ten Books, TV Shows, Movies, etc that fit that theme. For the next week the girls at the Broke and the Bookish are on hiatus. That means that won't be any set themes until August. It's a free for all!! This week I thought I'd do: Some of My Least Favorite Movie Adaptions.


  1. Troy based on The Illiad by Homer 
    • I honestly don't think I have enough space to write everything I didn't like about this movie. The Illiad and The Odyssey are two my favorites of the classics, but I hated this movie. 
  1. Percy Jackson by Rick Riordon .
    • The movie was cute, but some much was changed from the book that I always have a hard time sitting through it. 
  1. John Carter of Mars  is based on the series Barsoom by Edgar Rice Boroughs.
    • Okay, so this series is a bit cheesey, but it's this movie. I have yet to make it through the whole thing before: falling asleep, picking up my phone, or annoying my cats.


Prince Caspian by CS Lewis
    • I only have one question. Why did it need a love interest?!
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
    • I think this was one of my biggest disappointments. I really enjoyed this book series and was so excited when it got picked up. However, I felt they left at key moments and added things that were unneeded. -_-
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore 
    • Ugh, I love Alan Moore and was so excited for this. The characters were meh, and I was disappointed in their Moriarty. He's one of my favorite literary villains and this one felt too cowardly to be the Greatest Criminal Mastermind in the World.


the Lone Ranger  by Fran Striker
    • This is another one that I don't have the space to vent about. The worst part is the cast was so good.
The Omen, the 2006 remake based on The Omen by David Seltzer
    • This is one of those books I read while I worked at Girl Scout Camp. On night it was too hot to fall asleep, but our campers were exhausted and out like a light. I also remember it scary the crap of me. Not long after I finished it, I rented (because Netflix wasn't a thing then) the original and slept with the lights on. The remake had a few jumps, but nothing that made me hide under my covers.
Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
    • I dislike this movie with every fiber of my being. The Gothics are some of my favorite books, because I love a book that puts a chill up my spine. Dorian Gray is one that still makes me jump if I read it at night, but this movie... there was very little of what I loved from the book in the movie. It seemed to have all the sex put not of the suspense.


War of the Worlds, the remake which was based on War of the Worlds by HG Wells
    • I couldn't even squint and find the story that was told over the radio and caused mass hysteria. However, it's good to nap too. :) 
So, if you click the posters you get sent to the page of the books they were based off of! Also, I'd love to hear what movies disappointed you the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment