Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about what we have yet to read. Generally they are books that have yet to be released, but don't have to be. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous at Breaking the Spine. 

Release Date: May 29th, 2018
Author: Aaron Mahnke
Genre: Non-Fiction
Pages: 320

Here are the incredible true stories of some of the mortals who achieved notoriety in history and folklore through horrible means. Monsters of this sort - serial killers, desperate criminals, and socially mobile people with a much darker double-life - are, in fact, quite real . . . including H. H. Holmes, the infamous Chicago serial killer; William Brodie, the Edinburgh criminal mastermind who inspired The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; and Bela Kiss, a Hungarian tinsmith with a most disturbing hobby: collecting women in gasoline drums.





Why I'm Waiting: I enjoy Aaron Mahnke's podcast of the same name, and I liked the first book in the series. It made for a fun night time bus read. Though this volume is a little more up my alley since it's about those wicked mortals.

HAPPY READING!!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard the podcast, so I'll have to check it out. I hope you love this one!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, the first book was good. I'm excited to move to a more human element.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I haven't seen this book before, but it sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete