Friday, May 4, 2018

SEABookstore Day Wrap Up



So last week was Independent Bookstore Day, and here in Seattle we celebrate in style. There were twenty-three bookstores participating and over a hundred and twenty miles to cover to get all of them. Sadly I have missed out on this event since moving here for one reason or another, but this year I made it a point of carving out the day for myself. But, like all good adventures I didn't go out it alone. I had a fellow book lover and really good friend come with me. In fact she designed our route!

Did we make it to all twenty-three stores? Sadly no because we were confined to the bus system. However we didn't let that slow us down. In eleven hours we hit five bookstores, bought two bags worth of books, won some amazing prizes, ate some delicious food, and only took two wrong buses. Well, one wrong bus and a bus going the wrong way.

But, what's an adventure without a few missteps?!

Oh course I do have one small regret, that despite all the fun we had, I didn't take enough pictures to share in this post. It really was an amazing spent shopping for books and hanging out. I'm glad I got to do this with a really good friend and book lover. And, that we drug along a friend of ours for the last leg of the day.

I'm so excited to do it again next year, maybe hit just one more store! Cause you know we won't take two wrong buses. Whose knows what store we'll discover next year, and what little treasures we'll fine! I do know it'll be a blast. Maybe next year we'll add another person to our group. And, maybe I'll remember to take freaking pictures!?

But I mean two I did manage to take were pretty epic:




Because really my favorite bookstore even gave us bubbles, and you know we were blowing those at ever single bus stop! So next year, the last Saturday in April, mark your calendars. Independent Book Store Day will be back, and better excuse to be a pile of books than that?!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment