Thursday, November 24, 2022

Book Haul

 

I never get to bust out this GIF and today seemed like a great day to do it! So over my weekend and ran a few bits and ends to the thrift store. Just some stuff that has stopped sparking joy in my life, and some books I've read and will not be picked up again. Now yes this is an unhaul because I added some books while I was dusting shelves that I felt I'd never really get around to reading. Mostly because I'd forgotten they were on my shelves in the first place.

Anyway, since I was at the thrift store, I had to go in. The goal was to maybe find some work pants. I work in the kitchen so I'm pretty rough on pants. So getting them at a thrift store makes it easier to stomach when in a month or so I've ripped them up or bleached them to all get out. But, again, I've pulled away from this book haul!



While I didn't find any pants, I did luck out on some books. One of which has already sparked much joy in my life. Also, I found the first-ever Boxcar Children book, which was one of my favorites growing up, so I couldn't pass it up. That was the first series I remember falling in love with as a kid. It had to come with him.

All-in-all I managed to only come home with four books and donated almost two bags worth. For me, that's a win. These are also the last books I'm buying until the New Year. I never know what Christmas will bring with my family. Some years a to of books, some years not. Either way, I hold off buying anything just in case. After the holidays though, all bets are off!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment