Saturday, March 18, 2023

Legends & Lattes - Review

Author: Travis Baldree
Genre: Fantasy
Format: Paperback
Pages: 294

I was dubious about this cozy fantasy genre, and a little nervous to jump into this one considering all the hype around this book. Still, the idea of a cozy fantasy had my attention. Add on the fact my roommate loved this book, and I really needed to pick it up. So, I did it, I cracked it open.

And, honestly, it works. It was a little awkward in the beginning because I kept expecting Viv to grab that sword off the wall and deal with her problems. She never did, and the farther into this book you get, the more I fell in love with the characters and the idea.

I loved watching Viv grow her cafe and learn to have a quiet life. Every single side character is easy to love, and to villains of this story are easy to hate. And, who doesn't want a direcat? 

I spent three-fourth of this book wanting to push Viv and Tandri's faces together. After a hundred pages of their dance your just like, for the love of all just kiss or something! Though, watching them fall for each was absolutely adorable. Because Tandri was also teaching Viv he deserves things.

Like a bed. Honestly, it shouldn't have taken Viv that long to get a freaking bed. That might have thing that frustrated me the most with Viv. You built this amazing thing and found this amazing family. Get yourself a bed!

I do love how they handed the Madigral situation. It was clever and I can say that I also can be bought that way. I would very much like all of Thimble's recipes, please, and thank you. 

I will say not everything about this book is wholesome. That ending, was, bless, it was perfect. Not just with the explanation of what Viv's Scalvert Stone really did, but how it gave me the best ending. I knew Amity was a good cat, in fact they were the best cat. That ending mixed with the explosive first line, make this book everything I didn't know I needed.

Am I a little obsessed with cozy fantasy now? Sure am! I'm also really excited for Bladree's next book in this universe, Bookshops & Bonedust. Which will hit shelves this November! 



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment