Monday, December 11, 2023

2024 Most Anticipated Reads pt 1


While it's hard to say for sure, I feel like at this time last year I was having to narrow down the books I was most excited for. Otherwise, this list was going to be very long, it was basically going to be its own library. There were just a lot of books that were getting published this year that I wanted to read. Of the thirty I picked, I've read a whole three. Which is honestly better than most years. However, I own nine of those books, eight of which I haven't read yet. Also, very par for the course for me. However, who knows what the next couple of weeks of the year will bring. I might manage to change those stats before 2024 is here.

Still, all of that being said, I didn't have the same problem picking my Most Anticipated Reads for the first half of 2024. Eight books stuck out as ones I want to get my hands on before the end of that upcoming year. Books by authors I adore, authors I've been hoping will have a new book arriving soon. Sequels to favorites that I've been waiting for, or dreading because I know they're going to rip my heart from my chest. Others are just books I really think I'll enjoy. Two are cozy-sounding mysteries that I feel I need more of in my life, and two are cookbooks I can't wait to not only read but get my hands dirty with.


I don't know if I'm getting pickier about the books I really wanted to read now that I have less time to actually sit down and read. Or, if the first part of the year just doesn't have a lot of books that have caught my notice. It could be a great number of things. However, these nine are without a doubt ones I can't wait to crack open. Even Something is Killing the Children, which I know is going to hurt. The closer to the end we get that series, the worse I know it's going to get. 

None of this means there aren't other books I wanted to read. Already my TBR for 2024 is sitting at two and a half pages on Goodreads. There are a lot of books I want to read that coming out next year. These are just the ones I'm really excited about. And the one book I cannot wait to get my hands on, the book I was so excited to see was happening, Unbecoming A Lady by Therese O'Neil. I've read her other two books that have to do with the Victorian Era and they cracked me up. I adored them so much, and I've been waiting for her to publish another book! So this will be a must-buy for me in March!

What are ya'll excited to read next year?

HAPPY READING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment