Saturday, December 9, 2023

Mini Reviews




Many years ago I started another series by Christopher Fowler, and while I don't remember the details I remember liking it. So when I saw someone had read this on my Goodreads Dash, I pretty much ran to Amazon to put this on my Kindle. Mostly because I'm a sucker for anything related to Dracula. It's one of my favorites of the 'classics'. This was good and weird, but really good. It jumps back and forth between the present and the missing piece of the original Dracula story. The present-day plot moves really quickly and Fowler does a great job of quickly setting the scene and introducing it to the players. Honestly, I couldn't think of a person who deserves what they got more than our main Carter. He's kind of pathetic and very entitled. And, the whole thing with the tree was very cool. As for the missing pages of the original book, those were also really good. Shocking in a couple of ways I was not prepared for, but I'm not upset about it.


Short, long, it doesn't matter what form these stories come in, I adore Hadrian and Royce. More to the point, I really like the way Micheal J. Sullivan writes. This series has become one of my favorite worlds to escape to. Whether I know the ending or not doesn't matter. The bickering between Hadrian and Royce make me laugh, and there was just enough action in this to keep from getting bored. Though I think I could read a book where these two just biker for two hundred pages and still enjoy it. Though, honestly, it wouldn't feel write if Royce didn't at least almost stab someone. Or, complain at least the Hadrian stopped him from stapping someone. I do love with Hadrain pulls out the spadone! This was short story was a lot a fun. A quick read on my day off that made me laugh and lifted my spirits!






HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment