Thursday, January 10, 2019

Mini Reviews







There are certain aspects I'm liking about this story. Mostly the fact that a lot of centers around Ethan, who I felt didn't get enough screen time. But, I love the character he plays so I'm a little biased. I'm a little sad that Frankenstein has turned his back on the family, and also I'd love it we could leave Vanessa alone. I get she was the center of the show, but there are other fantastic characters that could carry the stories without beating the same story again. Still, I just picked up the next the book in what looks like a two-part series.






I want to really love this comic series like I loved the show. However, it's falling a little short for me. There are so many good series in the canon of Penny Dreadful, but we keep going back to Vanessa. While I do love that character, there are so many other good ones. And, for a second I thought this was going to dive deeper into Ethan's story line. Which it kind of does only he's not able to move on because we're hanging Vanessa and Lily over his head. I just, ugh, there pieces of this I really like and pieces that are frustrating me. I'm not sure I'll be fast jump on the next volume.





HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment