Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018 End of Year Survey

I cannot believe that year is almost over. Honestly it feels like I just sat down and filled this out for 2017. It's been an interesting year for me. For one I didn't move this year! Finally found a place to settle that all of us enjoy. Now as long as rent doesn't jump I might not be moving for some time. Second, I no longer have a car to rely on. Which has forced my to get rather creative with my life, but honestly I haven't hated it. The bus gives me time to read and child before and after work. So much easier than sitting in traffic with so much stress. I also realized this year I cannot do audio books. I'm like a squirrel with attention span. Even with books I've read half a dozen times, I cannot focus on a audio book.

Also, I cannot believe I met my reading goal. I honestly thought I'd flop that, and okay, yeah I read a lot of Graphic Novels. But, I'm not mad about it. This year was a lot of change for me with my job and I need quick and fun reads a lot this year. Maybe for 2019 I'll try to slide in more traditional books. Maybe. Probably not.

Lastly I totally did not make this survey up. I'm totally borrowing from The Perpetual Page Turner . The original post can be found here.

**2018 Reading Stats**

Number Of Books You Read: 53
Number of Re-Reads: 1
Genre You Read The Most From: Graphic Novels


best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2018?


2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

(The story itself is really good, but the ending left me wanting.)

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

(This was an impulse buy at Comic-Con and I fell in love.)

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?


 5. Best series you started in 2018? Best Sequel of 2018? Best Series Ender of 2018?

           (Series Started)   (Sequel)
  (Ender)

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018?

(Alastair Pack & Andrew Shaffer)

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

Looking back I pretty much stayed in my lane with the books read. I didn't really expand out. I read more ebook this year than usual. Since finally getting my library card I put OverDrive on my phone and found I don't hate it.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


 9. Book You Read In 2018 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

Despite how much I loved a lot of the books I read this year, I probably won't re-read any of them. I don't do a lot of re-reads to be honest. 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018?

11. Most memorable character of 2018?

(Brande & Gustav, respectively)

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?

(I loved Christian Henry's writing style, and while I wasn't in love with how The Mermaid ended. It was still wonderfully written.)

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018?

(It touches base on a lot of things that despite the time the book is set in, ring true for the current climate. Sort of just made me think about things.)

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read? 



 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2018?



Legacy by Alastair Pack

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2018?

(Shortest & Longest, respectively)

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

(I've never read a book that killed so many people I loved. Almost all of them are dead. I started to fear for anyone I got attached to.)

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(Eberhand and Aldway, I loved them so much. I really hope they show up in the next book, or we get a book about how they met.)

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

(Is there a better pair?)

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?


21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:


22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018?

(Aldway! I love him so much!)

23. Best 2018 debut you read?

Looking back I realized this year I didn't read a debut book. Though it seems I have a few on my TBR, I just never picked them up to read.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?

(With laughter, I was crying with laughter. This book is brilliant.)

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

(I won this book at Comic-Con honestly wasn't sure how I felt about it. I'm so glad it was put in my hands by the publisher. It was fantastic and I cannot wait for Book 2.)

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

I don't think I read anything that crushed my soul this year. Mostly because I knew Meddling Kids was going to kill my nerves from the start. It's just what Edgar Cantero does.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?

(Edgar Cantero has his own way of telling a story that is unique and so good!)

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

(Stop killing everyone I love!!)

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2018?

2. Favorite post you wrote in 2018?

Looking back I didn't see one that jumped out at me that was my favorite, but there quite a few that enjoyed writing. In fact I don't think I picked up a book that I did not like. For the most I enjoyed everything I read, or at least parts of every book I read. 

3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2018:?4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events,  etc.)?

(The Illuminae event was probably my favorite signing this year!)


5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?

This was definitely getting sit and hear Eric Idle talk about his life and his new book. I've been a huge fan of Monty Python for years, and getting to be just a few feet away from Eric Idle and have him perform live was so cool.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Just keeping into the routine of posting new things, of keeping a reading routine. I fell into too many Netflix holes this year. Really need to get into better reading habits so I so show off more books.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

My review for Meddling Kids was my most popular review. It was viewed a 130 times, which is so cool! The review itself can be found here!

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

My review for Kill the Farm Boy. While it got average reviews for my humble little blog, it was hands down one of my favorite read this year. I wish more people had seen it, but it can be found here!

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Just how convenient the library in town is. I have no idea why it took me like two years to figure this out, personally I blame being able to drive everywhere, but I love our little library. It's so much more convenient for me through the bus. Plus it's so cute and has the best little reading nooks!

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Despite not making my Goodreads goal, I'm still super proud of myself. I was only a few books short. Which is so much better than I'd thought I'd do. Fifty-five was ambitious for me. So we'll try again in 2019!
looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?

3. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019?

As much as I love Graphical Novels, and as many as I have on my TBR, I need to start reading actual books. Otherwise the piles are going to fall on me in my sleep.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment