Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 Wrap Up

Holy crap it's 2020! Last year seemed to be the shortest, and longest year, ever. Still, I managed to squeeze in a lot of real books and Graphic Novels. In fact, by the skin of my teeth, I made both my pages read and Goodreads Goal! The latter I wasn't entirely sure was going to happen as work and the Holidays seemed to explode all at once. Some clever library choices helped me see that I could make it happen.

Even things around here got a bit exciting. Views are up, way up in the same causes. I had several posts get over a thousand views. Which I still can't believe, the shock of it still hasn't worn off. I've changed the way I set my scheduled posts, noticing I have viewers popping in at the wee hours of the morning my time. All of this means I've been making sure I have more and more things to post around my reviews since I'm a slower reader. Little things here and there.

I honestly can't believe the way my stats for 2019 look compared to other years. So freaking cool. And, I cannot wait to see what this next year is about to bring.

2019 Goals Met:

Books Read: 56 of 55 (GR doesn't count Memento, I do!)
Pages Read: 10,550 of 9,982

2019 BINGO:
Had a pretty good year with my BINGO card as well. Last year I danced around a BINGO all year. This year I finally managed to make one happen, and I was so close to a second. Just a few hundred pages away, but it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe next year in 2020 I manage at least 2 bingos!

I jumped into a lot of good series this year and can't wait to jump back into them in 2020. Honestly, it was a pretty good year here on Bookish Whispers and wasn't half bad outside of the blog either. 

Little brother got married, I got a promotion, and my pops finally came out for a visit. And, I only pulled him into one bookstore! So not a lot to complain about. I mean I find things to complain about, my pops hears about it every day, but it honestly a pretty rad year. I'm optimistic about what's to come in 2020.

HAPPY READING!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post. I will be going through some of these issues as well..

    ReplyDelete