Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 End of Year Survey



Lastly I totally did not make this survey up. I'm totally borrowing from The Perpetual Page Turner The original post can be found here.

**2019 Reading Stats**

Number Of Books You Read: 55 (actually 56, but Goodreads won't let me count Memento.)
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy


best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2019?



2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?



 3. Most surprising in a good way book you read?  




 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?



 5. Best series you started in 2019? Best Sequel of 2019? Best Series Ender of 2019?


          

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2019?


7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?



 9. Book You Read In 2019 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2019?


11. Most memorable character of 2019?



 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2019?


I stand by my opinion that if this book wasn't so beautifully written, it wouldn't have been as good as it was.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2019?

It's a wonder our grandparents survived to adulthoood...


14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2019 to finally read? 




 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2019?


"We can't take on a real ganster. We haven't even learned algebra."
-Sorcery for Beginners



16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2019?




 17. Book That Shocked You The Most





18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)




19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year


Royce & Melbourne


20. Favorite Book You Read in 2019 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?






21. Best Book You Read In 2019 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:



22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2019?

Finn is precious bean and must be protected at all costs!


23. Best 2019 debut you read?


24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?


25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?



26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2019?

Nothing. Parts of Aurora Rising gave me grey hairs, but nothing brought me tears. Or, even near tears.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?



28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

I'm not sure crushed, but it definitely made me question myself.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2019?



30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

It just didn't live up to what I loved about the show, and I found myself bored.

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2019?


2. Favorite post you wrote in 2019?


3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2019:



5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2019?

Finally finding a system that works to keep myself organized that doesn't allow me to get stressed with my actual big kid job. 

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Ugh, always finding a balance between the shows my watching and my reading. Always. I get so caught up into something I'm watching, whatever I'm reading falls by the wayside. One more episode always does me in.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog, by views?


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?


9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?


10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

  • 56 of 55 of my Goodreads Goal
  • 10,550 of the 9,982 Page Goal

looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2019 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2020?


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2020 (non-debut)?


3. 2020 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?


4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2020?

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2020?

Get into better reading habits with 2020. I received a promotion right before the end of this year, and I'm still trying to balance the new position with my every day life. So my main goal is find that balance in the coming year.

HAPPY READING!!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your survey answers! So many great sounding books. I keep hearing about Aurora Rising and will have to give it a try. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue is another one I have dying to read. I know all too well the tug-of-war between watching shows and reading . . . I hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you!! I recommend both, highly for so many reasons, but both are hilarious and fine. Aurora will pull at your heartstrings, and Gentlemen's Guide is so hard to put down! I hope you enjoy both and have a wonderful New Year!!

      Delete