Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started by the Broke and the Bookish.  Each week they chose a new meme and bloggers pick their Top Ten Books, TV Shows, Movies, etc that fit that theme. For the next week the girls at the Broke and the Bookish are on hiatus. That means that won't be any set themes until August. It's a free for all!! This week I thought I'd do: Books I'd never would have read without some pretty rad teachers/professors. 




My set is a little different this week, and here's why. The books above where all put in front of me because of a couple of really amazing High School English teachers. It was one of those upsides of going to small school where the teachers were able to be more one-on-one, but both teachers put a lot of good books in front of me in the three years I was in there classes. These are the six I fell in love with, and my battered copies are proof of that!

 

In pure college form, in my last semester they changed the requirements to my Major. Instead of taking just a general Literature class, I now needed to a second. Why one needs this for a Criminal Justice degree the world my never know. But, I wasn't going to complain since my last semester was meant to be finish of my electives, so I picked American Lit because at the time I hadn't read a lot of American authors. This forced me to pick up Jane Austen, I seriously hate the Regency Ear writing for so many reasons, but I found I do enjoy a bit of Austen. While I found I have deep hatred for the way Virgin Wolfe writes, I also fell in love with H.P Lovecraft and Seth-Grahame Smith. I learned that sometimes a romance novel can hold my attention. And, really I learned to fall back in love with reading.

So that's my list for this week! As always remember if you want to check out any of the titles, just click on the image for the Goodreads page!

HAPPY READING!!

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see some positivity about recommended reading via the curriculum! 'Pride & Prejudice' is one of my favourite school reads!

    Awesome choices, feel free to check out my TTT list on book pairings for curriculum classics :)

    ReplyDelete