Monday, September 17, 2018

Rapid Fire Book Tag


Happy Monday! Hope everyone's weekend was amazing! This book tag popped into my email through Bookever, who found it on The Bibliophile Girl. I haven't done a book tag all year, and this one seems like a lot of fun.

I'm going to take a page out of Bookever's book and leave this tag open. So whoever wants to join in is more than welcome!

E-BOOK or PHYSICAL BOOK?

I prefer physical books, but this year I've been reading more ebooks now that I commute to and from work.


PAPERBACK or HARDBACK?

I'm really not super picky either way. Normally I buy hardback books if I can't wait until the paperback comes out.


ONLINE or IN-STORE BOOK SHOPPING?

In-Store shopping all the way. I really like moving through the shelves, and in some cases digging through boxes. Though, I do shop online. Particularly on BookOutlet.com.


TRILOGIES or SERIES?

Series, because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment.


HEROES or VILLAINS?

I'm going to be that person, and I'm so not sorry. I love books with anti-heroes. Which is a grey area, I know. But, I always dig the darker more morally questionable characters.


A BOOK YOU WANT EVERYONE TO READ?

Book: The Crown Tower
Author: Michael J. Sullivan



RECOMMEND AN UNDERRATED AUTHOR

Isaac Marion writes an amazing book series, Warm Bodies. There are anything but just zombie books, they are so much more. He has an amazing writing style, wonderful characters, and he's a pretty rad guy. His books don't get enough love, and one was made into a freaking movie!


THE LAST BOOK YOU FINISHED

Book: Delilah Dirk and the Pillars of Hercules
Author: Tony Cliff


WEIRDEST THING YOU'VE USED AS A BOOKMARK

My cat! He normally sleep at my feet when I read (or doing anything where I sit down). From time-to-time I've been known to use his tail to hold my place while I run for snacks or whatnot.


USED BOOKS: YES or NO?

YES! I love a used book store. When you have dig through piles and boxes. Each store is different, and I have several I love to visit!


TOP 3 FAVORITE GENRES

True Crime / Fantasy / Graphic Novels


BORROW or BUY?

It really depends on the book. Usually if I'm on the fence about the book I'll borrow it from the library, especially if it's a first in a series.


CHARACTER or PLOT?

Character. I've put down a lot of books with a good plot because the characters were flat or dull or way t stereotypical.


LONG or SHORT BOOKS?

Long. I just feel like I get more of a story with longer books. The few short books I've read, while good, left me wanting more.


NAME THE FIRST 3 BOOKS YOU THINK OF



BOOKS THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH or CRY?

Laugh! Especially when I can ugly laugh in public so people look at me funny.  Some days my job is super stressful for no reason, and for me that's the best way to unwind. To read something ridiculous.


OUR WORLD or FICTIONAL?

Fictional. Though I do enjoy historical and non-fiction, but I do pick up more books on the fictional side of life. 


AUDIOBOOKS: YES or NO

No, I tried to get into them this year. Every time I get sidetracked with something else I'd miss a huge junk of I'm suppose to be listening to. 


DO YOU EVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER?

Dude, I totally judge books by their cover. I really like the old school 80's covers for fantasy novels. They are fantastic!


BOOK TO MOVIE or BOOK TO TV?

Book to TV. Because I feel like a series allows them more room to work than a two or three hour time slot in a movie.


A MOVIE or TV SHOW THAT YOU PREFERRED TO THE BOOK?

Truth time I'm not I real fan of the book series for a lot of reasons, but I adore the TV Show. Which means I was super sad to hear it was ending.


SERIES or STAND-ALONE?

It really depends on my mode when I'm picking a new read. Some times you just need to read a good stand alone. Other times it's nice to bury yourself in a good series.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment