Friday, October 5, 2018

Book Haul


Holy crow! For the first time in a while I went book shopping!! I kind of put myself a little bit of a book ban while I went through my ever growing pile. Plus, I needed to save up some money for when the Mim came for a visit for just this reason.  Because while there are no schedules on Mim's vacation, there bookstores! And, wouldn't you know it that lady only packed one book and finished it right as she got here. So we just had to find a bookstore.

Which means it's time for a book haul! Now that Fall is officially here and the weather has cooled off, I've been in the mood for some spooky reads. I have my TBR set for Horror October already, but whatever will I read after?! Lucky for me I found some treasures while out with my MA and Mim.


Only one of them isn't exactly spooky, but the other three definitely fit the bill. I haven't read The Insidious Doctor Fu Manchu since High School. So I'm excited to reread that one. Also have now words for the book with Sherlock Holmes meeting the Cenobites! My favorite detective up against one of my favorite Halloween movies. Yes please! As for CAMPFIRE I don't know much about it, but it has popped up on some blogs I've seen. Plus it sounds right up alley. 

While the last thing I needed was more books on my TBR, I don't think a couple will be there long since I'm super excited to get into them.  Anyone else pick up anything spooky to read this weekend for the start of October?

No comments:

Post a Comment