Thursday, October 18, 2018

Eric Idle Book Event



I had the amazing opportunity to go and see Eric Idle talk about his career last week. It was one of those things where I had to go. It didn't matter what was going on in my life, or how many favors at work I had to call in to make sure it happened. There was no way I was going to miss this event to see one of my favorite actors, writers, and comedian talk about his work. The Monte Python Series was my first introduction to British Comedy, and I fell in love with Eric Idle's characters. So come Hell or High Water this was happening.


 The house was packed for the event, but it didn't seem that anyone cared that we were all sitting elbow-to-elbow. All of us excited for Eric to take the stage. Boy was it worth the wait. To be fair I didn't know much about Eric Idle leading up to last week. I knew his body of work, had seen several of his movies, and Spamalot is on my bucket list. Of course, I'd read about how the guys from the Python series had a falling out, yada, yada, yada. But, I can honestly say I didn't know much about the actor and writer himself.

He's met so many amazing people in his career, and made so many friends. The evening was filled with amazing stories about his writing, friends, and time with the Python series. It was so cool to see how they made the Flying Circus. To hear where the song, Always Look On the Bright Side, actually came from.


But, most of all is was aces to get here Eric Idle sing! One new song he had just for the tour, one from the series, and of course the song that he named his book after. The event was amazing and I'm glad I made it work. It was honestly a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. I got to be just a few feet away from one of my favorite humans. We laughed so hard my face hurt the whole ride home. It's one of those things you get to tell people later in life. I once saw Eric Idle do his thing life just a few feet away.

I'm honestly not sure anything will top that.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment