Friday, October 19, 2018

Mini Reviews




I love random library impulse grabs. This was one of those items. Actually, there is a whole series of them I can't wait to work my through. But, I had to start with H.H. Holmes! Only recently has his crimes sort of  come into mainstream media, and his "Murder Hotel". What I really like about these is how they sort of have that old school sort of Penny Dreadful feel to them. Like something you could follow along to week-by-week until you finally find out how they catch him. It's super sort, but I felt like all the facts were there and the story was well told without being dry. I'm excited to see how the others play out.



This is one of those cases that I know backward and forward. I've read a dozens of books about the case both fictional and nonfictional. Like most stories there have been some winners, and some that where bone dry. This one was definitely a winner. I enjoyed the narration throughout the story, which read like a journal entry. Like someone who was watching the event unfold around them. The artwork matched with the first book so the were clearly part of a serial collection which I like. I hate when the artwork changes from book-to-book. It's a quick read (I read it on the bus). This series is turning out to be the best little library find.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment