Saturday, April 27, 2019

Happy Independent Bookstore Day

It's that time again. Time for Sarah and I to hit the road and try to hit seven of our local Independent Bookstores. Last year we managed five of them all while taking the bus. This year we've recruited my roommate to hit the two closest to our house. Then it's off on the bus to hit the last five. Last year we discovered some hidden jems of bookstores, and I cannot wait to see how many wrong buses we take this year.

Sarah has our route mapped out, out lunch spots are pre-chosen, and we have a list of the books we want to get. One new book from each stop. Hi-jinks will ensue, I'll get lost at least once, and there will be chicken wings! And, you know all the books we didn't plan on buying.

Whether you go out on a marathon trip, or just up the block, get out today and visit your local bookstore. I'm lucky to have three amazing stores so close to where a live and one not far from work. But, today of all days go out and say hi, and see what your local bookstore is getting up to on this not quite official book holiday.

Also jump over to my Twitter account, @_sullybear_, to see what kind of nonsense I'll be getting up today!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment