Saturday, April 6, 2019

Bookish Whispers Quarterly Update

While March felt like the month that was honestly never going to end. It also doesn't feel like Spring should be here. I've gotten so use to Winter that the thought of longer days and sunshine seem a like a dream. Though considering where I live, it might a short term situation before we get weeks on weeks of rain. Anything is better than snow at this point, to be honest. I'm all excited to organize some beach and patio reads. To watch as my cats cry from the window because they are naughty and won't stay off the ledge so they cannot be outside with me.

Before all of that it's that though, it's time again to take a look at how the last three months went. Honestly, I was surprised how well the first quarter of the year has gone for me. Usually I've fallen into a reading slump by now, but honestly between work and life I've only been able to read a few chapters here in there the last two months. Still, I managed to sneak in some smaller, quicker, reads here and there.

Goodreads Challenge:

I'm always 2 books behind. At this point I've learned to live it with. For a small moments I get caught up, but then all of sudden I'm book behind. Then 2 books behind. It's a cycle and I've learned to go with it. The Goodreads Challenge is a personal push for me. To read more books than I did last year. However, this year I set it for the same number of books, 55, as 2018. Only because I as two books under that goal by the end of last year. Fingers crossed that manage this year!

Books Read Year-to-Date: 11
Pages Read Year-to-Date: 1,953

Number of pages read is another one I like to keep track of. More out of curiosity than anything else. The year I was unemployed for six months still hold the record for most pages read. I'm thinking maybe this year might take the cake. I've already read one pretty chunky book, I also have Obisdio and the second book of Deadly Class on my TBR. So I might come close to topping 2013 at 9,980 pages. Maybe.

So not only have I actually managed to carve out a decent amount of reading time into my ever changing life schedule. I've had a couple of posts do amazing this year! Thanks to both creators of the Silver graphic novel series and the Major Holmes and Captain Watson comic series, those can be found here. Those reviews are sitting well over fifty views. Which amazing! But for some random reason a Cover Runway Sunday post has been blown out of the water with views. The post can be found here, and at last glance was sitting well over a hundred and ninety views. Hands down huge moments for me. I rarely have posts jump like that and I'm so grateful for everyone whose finds me here on Bookish Whispers.

Reading has been such a big part of my life thanks to my Mom and my Mim. This is place for me to share that passion. To see some of posts spread out like that, and see people visiting from all over the world. It's really cool for the girl who grew up in the tiniest of towns. So despite how hard this year has been, this blog has been the little wins I've needed to keep pulling myself up by. So thank you everyone whose stopped by, whose discovered me, and who has shared a post. 

Now, how is everyone else doing this year!? Tell me about all the books you just couldn't put down, or stop talking about. And then, lest talk about the LIFEL1K3 series. Because I have some many feels about the first book, and I'm so worried about what's coming.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment