Monday, April 1, 2019

March Wrap Up

Quite a few exciting things popped up this week that pulled me away from my reading, but not really away from books. My flatmate got me tickets to see The Woman in Black at our local theater. Which was amazing! I loved how the adapted the story onto a live stage and the actors did a wonderful job. I jumped a handful of times despite knowing what was coming. It was a wonderful night out.

Following that was Emerald City Comi-Con, which I was able to go do thanks to a wonderful gift my boss and owner of the company I work for. As always I had an epic time watching all the cosplayers and found two new comic series to dive into. Plus, I got to geek out over the Silver series with writer and creator Stephan Franck while I bought my official Rosalynd print! I even got to take my flatmate to her first Comic Book Convention.

Then there was Captain Marvel, which I don't have the right words to talk about awesome that was. I loved everything about it: the banter, the plot, the fight scene, Goose. It was great and I totally saw it twice. Because that's who good it was. I needed to see it a second time!

Books Read: 3
Pages Reads: 594
DNF: 0
Currently Reading: I haven't picked yet!
So I have three events that I'm very excited for in April.
  1. The Ungovernable book event. 
  2. SeaBookstore Day!
  3. The Ian Doescher book event.
Honestly I'm not sure which I'm more excited for! I had some much fun last year with SeaBookstore Day. For the second year my friend Sarah and I will be out and about getting our Book Nerd on. My Aunt actually bought me the perfect shirt to wear for the day. So I'm excited for our jaunt through Seattle to get more books than we'll ever be able to read. As for the book events, come Hell and High Water I'll make it to both. Which shouldn't be too hard. One is pretty close to where I work, and the other is on a Sunday which usually the one night I can wiggle out of!

As for my TBR:
  • I'm pages away from finishing Chasing Graves.
  • After that I've got no idea. I snagged some good books from the library. I also need to finish the Illuminae series before Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff's new series hits shelves in May. 
  • Start the two books that Bookish.com was kind enough send me, The Witch of Willow Hall and Smoke and Summons.
How was everyone else's month? Has anyone body got their hands on Aurora Rising or Girl in Red? I hear rumors of wild ARCs of both floating around.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment