Monday, October 7, 2019

Mini Reviews



I was pretty excited to pick this one up because I love the Oatmeal and I'm a die hard Catlady. For me this one started off really strong. The artwork and jokes I know and love from the Oatmeal. However it sort went downhill after the first few pages. While I don't love good far joke as much as the next person, less is more. We get it, the baby poops a lot. Also the pages concerning the dog were kind of not needed. I picked this book because it was about cats. So.. But there were a few gems hidden between the pages. The diary pages were the best part in my opinion. The last few pages were adorable as well, so it ended in a laugh just like it started. Just didn't need to be this big, less pages would help keep it funnier I feel. 2 Stars.



This was one of those amazing library finds. I've been a big fan of Poe's stories and poems since high school. This was a really cool way to reread some of my favorite works by Poe. Gareth Hinds artwork is amazing, Annabel Lee was my favorite in the whole book. Only closely followed by the panel The Raven with one of the Raven's wing have death drawn as its' feathers. It is also the first time that I've read The Masque of the Red Death. I enjoyed every panel inside each story from cover to cover. The complemented each beautifully, and can't wait to at some of Gareth Hinds other work. 4 Stars.






HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment