Friday, December 11, 2020

Mini Reviews


This was cute. I really liked the newspaper hand-drawn panels. It worked with the story, and I liked the use of color through each panel as well. The story itself was a little clunky and felt like toward the middle was sort of chasing its own tail. I was okay with the fact I figured out the "plot twist". This is aimed at younger, middle-grade, readers. However, I was quickly over the character of Wayfinder and the way he spoke, almost like you were waiting for him to get to the point. It also felt like when you get to the reveal of the plot twist, the lead-up felt forced and kind of not needed. As a whole, though this was a quick read, and thought it was cute with a good message of being kind, also be wary of strangers.

Another re-read for me because I wanted to jump back into this series so I could catch up. It's been awhile since my first read, so outside of a few Goodreads notes I didn't really remember what all happened in this book. Which is a lot, I'd forgotten the Beard Killer all together. I also forgot about how much adore Hammersmith, and I ship him and Fiona a little bit. Actually I don't mind any of our main characters, but I'm not as emotionally attached to Walter Day. I can kind take or leave him, but Hammersmith is a precious bean that should be protected at all cost. There were parts were the book lagged a little and found myself pulling away from the book, but the ending is quite good. I liked the way it was split so everything sort of converged together and I quite satisfied with the ending. I'm actually pretty excited to jump into the next book because again I have no memory of this place.


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment