Thursday, March 24, 2022

Mini Review

 

These re-reads have continued into another weekend! I have forgotten how much happens in these series. My timeline with Locke & Key is off because I thought by volume three we met the Keeper of the Keys. Which is wrong. And, I've reached the conclusion I've erased all memory of the American Vampire plotline from my memory. 

I finished volume three over the weekend and I was left with one main thought, I'm glad they changed the mother's and Duncan's plotlines for the Netflix series. Because Duncan didn't deserve what he went through just for a plot point for Dodge. So I'm glad that was rewritten for the show. As for the kid's mother, I'm glad the changed the way she handled her trauma. While the book version holds drama and leads them to more keys, I'm glad she got a less dark storyline for the show. It's hard to read her scenes in the graphic novels, I can't imagine I'd want to watch it happen on screen. On a different note, I'm loving the little bit of back story we get at the end of the book about the creation of the keys. Not going to lie, I'd love to a prequel series out of Netflix about the original Locke siblings. Lastly, the Shadow Key is my favorite key. 

Okay, so I know I read this book, Goodreads confirms I read it, and I understand that seven years have passed since then. That's a lot of time, I've moved twice since then. I remember a little about a lot of the books I've read since then. How is it I remember nothing about this series other than Skinner?! Nothing in this book jogged my memory of what was coming next. Likey I didn't know what Cash had in that bag, and I don't remember what exactlFelicia is. I can tell you it ain't human. This plot is completely crazy and I don't know how I forgot any of these. I think my favorite bit is that Synder has brought in a large amount of vampire lore from around the world. So many cultures have their own version of vampire liked creatures, and each has its own strengths and weaknesses. So I like that we're seeing that in this book. There aren't just one set species, there are several, and Skinner and Pearl are something new. So it was also nice to see where Pearl ended up after volume one. She's walking a different path than Skinner, which is nice. Since she sort of drop-kicked into the vampire life. It's nice that she's gotten a happy-ish ending.

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment