Saturday, April 30, 2022

Indie Bookstore Day


 HAPPY SATURDAY! It's Independent Bookstore Day! If ever there was a day to go to your local indie bookstore, today is that day! Normally Seattle throws a big sort of scavenger hunt-type things. Where you get a stamp for every small bookstore you pop into. There are prizes along the way both big and small. On a normal year, a friend and I would trek all over to both some of our favorite stores and new ones. It was a good excuse for the two of us not only to get to spend the day together but support local businesses. 


On the downside this year our schedules couldn't align for several reasons. The upside is this year I work just a couple of blocks from my local bookstore. So I'll definitely be dropping in on my afternoon break to support them. The double upside is I won't miss out on the excuse to hit up more than one bookstore because celebrations out here last nine extra days! So I'll have a great reason to stop into a couple of the more out of the way bookstores that I definitely don't get to support enough.

My wallet may not thank me, but my summer reading will be well booked!

Is anyone else going to be able to get out to their local bookstore today?

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment