Thursday, April 28, 2022

My Little Occult Book Club - Review

 

Author: Steven Rhodes
Genre: Humor/ Horror
Format: Hardback
Pages: 80

I was so excited when I found this book! Satire and humor books like this are some of my favorites. Add on the fact it centers around Steven Rhodes' designs, and there was no way I wasn't bringing this home with me. Not only did I read this the same day I picked it up, but I also cannot wait for Spooky Season so this can sit over my fireplace.

It wasn't just the artwork that felt nostalgic, it was also the way the book was set up. Like the old Scholastic booklets, we use to get in school to order the books from. With all the extra bookish things we could get besides the books. Even the wording was similar and took me back to the days I'd beg for a new Goosebumps book or some other series I was currently obsessed with.

On top of the nostalgia, the book is quite funny and plays into Rhodes' designs perfectly. It brings them to life in a fun way that is perfect for anyone who loves spooky things but maybe doesn't love things that are too creepy. I would also read every single one of the little how-to books that were sold in this booklet. 

This was a fun and quick read, and I'm glad I picked it up. It's gonna look great with the rest of our spooky collection, and for now, it looks great on my shelf. 



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment