Friday, April 29, 2022

Mini Reviews

 




I forgot how emotionally damaging the last two books were, and I just jumped into this last book like I was going to be fine. Nothing was fine. From start to finish nothing was fine. That was a straight-up punch to the gut and the feelings. It's a wild ride from cover to cover. I wish Dodge would have taken over anyone else to get to the Black Door. I hate that it was all done through Bode's body. I also sort of feel like it was an easy out. I would have loved for it to have been Nina, the mother. She's my least favorite character. As I've stated before I much prefer Nina on the TV show to the book version. Bode just seemed to clever to get caught up by Dodge, and the house kept talking to him, showing him keys. And, I love Bode, it was hard to see him go dark side. But, I do like the ending of this. It's got a bit of happy mixed with the sad. So four solid stars for both of these, and I definitely want to jump into the two short stories set in this universe. I'd also love to see prequels in this universe. We get a taste in volume five, but I'd love a full-on series!

But now it's time to marathon the series! I finished season one, but I pushed off season two because of all the changes, and I wanted to remember how the book ends. That way I can compare it two together. So far I really like what changes they'd made between the comics and the show. I also like the new keys that have appeared in the show!

HAPPY READING!!






No comments:

Post a Comment