Friday, April 15, 2022

Mini Reviews

 

More re-reads! I'm still going back through Locke & Key and American Vampire. I didn't realize that I never finished the American Vampire series, or that there were so many stand-alone issues for Locke & Key

This is the issue where Joe Hill sort of dumped a whole bunch of keys in our lap, and we finally get introduced to Erin Voss. I like the way they handled the battles with Dodge in this issue. Most of them are a page spread of them fighting whatever Dodge has thrown them without much of an actual storyline. Gabriel Rodriguez's artwork tells the story in vivid and bright colors. I love that Tyler starts to catch on to all of Zac's lies and that Bode has found some friends. Though, I realize I prefer TV sho Nina to book Nina. Book Nina is the worst, and like I fully understand she's been through hell and back. So I understand she's struggling, but really, the Locke kids are raising themselves. I also completely forgot about the end of this volume and the Bode side plot. 

This, this was a lot, and also could I forget this volume. Volume Three is my favorite so far, but not because of the story at the start. Pearl's story is fine, but the way they set it up I figured there would be something more. Not the happy ending we got. However, I really liked the second story when Cash came back. I like that we got to see more about his son, and more about Book's daughter. Though I'll be very disappointed if Skinner is already dead. And his death was so meh. I liked Pearl in the first books, but I don't understand why we needed to bring her back, or why Skinner all of sudden cared. It was just alright. I'm beginning to see why I set this series aside.

HAPPY READING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment