Saturday, October 14, 2023

Ankle Snatcher - Review

Author: Grady Hendrix
Genre: Horror / Novella
Format: Kindle Book
Pages: 28

Ankle Snatcher is the second book, in a six-book series that Amazon has published. It's six short creature feature stories. That alone had my attention, but in one of my favorite authors and I was all in. So of course I had to start with Grady Hendrix's story.

Because who hasn't been afraid of the monster under the bed. In fact, I was one of those kids who used to jump into bed in the dark so nothing could grab my ankle. Looking back on it now, I have a feeling I know the person behind that. 

I really liked this story. Right from the start Hendrix grabs your attention by introducing you to the Ankle Snatchers. And before you know what's going on you are being introduced to the Ankle Snatcher itself.

This is one of those stories that works as a short story, in fact, I think it packs a bigger punch as a short story. Because you don't have to breathe between events in the next. The story moves quickly as Marcus starts to very quickly lose his mind. Only to realize it wasn't all just in his head.

On that note, I feel like this could be the start of a series of short stories around the boogeyman. The set is thereafter Marcus is arrested. All these other little stories that tie in but have very little to do with each other. But, also have everything to do with each story.

Ankle Snatcher is full of small jump scares, a story that has you on edge for twenty pages, and I love how this story ends. Because it just does and that is all you know, and I love a good open ending, especially when you know nothing good is going to happen.



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment