Friday, October 13, 2023

Happy Friday the 13th


Honestly, today is just an excuse to use this GIF! But also, how perfect is it that a Friday the 13th falls in October. I adore it so much. On the agenda today is to go to work, survive that, and maybe squeeze in some time to dash to one of the tattoo shops doing Friday the 13th Flash Tattoos. Because I clearly do not have enough spooky season tattoos. Next on the list is to curl up and read my spooky book. Mostly because after a weekend shift at work, I know I'm not going to have the spoons to watch a movie. 

This also seemed like the perfect time for a reading check-in! With only about two and a half months left in the year, that alone is a lot to unpack. It felt like the perfect time to hold myself accountable for some of my reading goals. I know I'm crushing my BINGO board. I'm last three squares are proving the hardest to find books I want to read. The keyword is want, I refuse to read, finish, and hate a book just to cross off a square. There is a book somewhere, on my shelves that fits them! It feels statically impossible for there not to be!

Reading Challenges:


This month is definitely off to a good start with my reading challenges. I've already crossed off by A and C square from the A to Z Challenge, and Mother Horror on Instagram talking about Grady Hendrix's new short story through Amazon Prime Reading, I managed to cross off the Bookstagram/tok BINGO Square. I'm 53 books into my 65-book Goodreads Challenge. Twelve books in three months is totally manageable! Especially since I have at least three or four more books in me this month.

However, since I've been reading smaller books for the last few months, I'm definitely behind on how many pages I want to read. But, since I'm smashing all my other reading challenges, I'm less worried about this one. Fifteen thousand pages was a pretty lofty goal considering the last time I hit over fourteen thousand I had a low-stress job. Something I do not currently have, I took a promotion halfway through the year, which is a whole other story.

Truth be told I'm happy with where I'm sitting on all my goals this year. Mostly because for the first in history of Reading BINGO at least one of us (if not two) will manage to clear the board. The two of us are very close!

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment