Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Library Haul


I've had the mighty need to go book shopping, but my bank account would appreciate it if I did not do that. So I compromised and went to the local library. Well, the local adjecnt. My actual library is under construction so I decided to head to the branch that was a little farther out of the way. Which actually turned out not to be as far as Google Maps made me believe it was going to be! Still, it was a good compromise because an hour later I came out with the smallest stack of books ever. I honestly was expecting more books, but only these three caught my eye.


I've seen Eric Larocca's books all over Instagram, and keep telling myself I should pick up one of his books. For one reason, or another I never did, but this seemed perfect for the Spooky Season. So I added it to my stack. Mary, Will I Die, has been on TBR for a minute, and seemed like a quick, creepy. As for Notes of the Shadowed City just seems like an interesting concept and Joe Abercrombie did a blurb on it. So I have high hopes it'll be good. 

So now my itch has scratched. There are new books on my shelves and my wallet is none the less for it. Though I really do want to be unleashed in a bookstore. Nothing brings me more joy, but this was a very close second. Because I really could just hang out our library branches. 


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment