Friday, July 5, 2019

Mid-Year Freak Out Book Tag 2019


I did this tag last year and really enjoyed it. It's a fun way to look back in the last six months and see what I've read, the patterns my reading is taking so fart this year, and a reminder of the books still to come. I borrowed it from Bookfever who I think borrowed it from The Bibliophile Girl.  


GOODREADS CHALLENGE:
Ugh... I could honestly be doing better. I'm 9 books behind schedule. I wish I had a good excuse for this, like work got so crazy I just didn't have the spare time between normal every day stuff. But, I don't drive so I have a 40 minute, sometimes an hour, bus ride to and from work that I should be reading on. Not playing games on my phone, or in a couple of cases, napping. So the goal for July is to make that gap smaller. Lucky for me about to have 2 decent sized flights to make that happen.

BEST BOOK:
(Click the images to see my review!)

BEST SEQUEL:

Okay, not really a sequel. This is in fact a prequel, but I do not care. Because it's AIDAN and he is my precious little bean.

NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN'T READ YET:
(Click the images to see my review!)

MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE STILL TO COME:
(Click the images to see my review!)

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:
(Click the images to see my review!)

BIGGEST SURPRISE:
(Click the images to see my review!)

FAVORITE NEW AUTHOR:
(Click the images to see my review!)

NEW FICTIONAL CRUSH:

Finnegan from Aurora Rising. He is the love of my life. 

NEW FAVORITE CHARACTER:
Kal from Aurora Rising, because he's the big bad Tank, but he's kind of got a nugget center. Which amuses me.

MADE YOU CRY:
I've had a couple stress me out toward the end, because pages were running out and things weren't solved and people keep making bad choices. But, I haven't one make me out right cry yet. I say yet, because there year is far from over.

MADE YOU HAPPY:
(Click the images to see my review!)


BOOK TO MOVIE/TV:
(Click the images to see my review!)

FAVORITE POST SO FAR:
Okay, so this isn't a post, but it's definitely my favorite thing that happened this year here on Bookish Whispers. So I'm really bad at checking my subscriber list, because I honestly don't think about it. Because I don't check them, I got a lovely surprise when my dad text me about a gif that I clearly didn't send him. Only to realize it was gif that he was referring to was on my blog post that day. Which I didn't think much of. Maybe he'd seen it while with my mom, but then I realized the time and they were both at work. So I did some searching, and what do you know, he's on the list.

So long story, short, kinda, I was really chuffed he was following the blog. He's not as big of a reader as me and my mom. So it's really cool that he's plugged into what's going on here at Bookish Whispers.


MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU'VE BOUGHT SO FAR:
(Click the images to see my review!)


BOOK YOU WANT TO READ BY YEAR END:
(Click the images to see my review!)


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment